Friday, May 30, 2008

I did not fall off the face of the earth...

Hey all! Cngratulations Mary Ann & Penny on your new jobs! I am so excited. Lori Jo, have you started revamping the library at your school yet?

Sorry I've been quiet for so many months. It's been a hell of a ride this year and I am glad it is over. It seems we can't get a decent principal here at Plainville. But he is leaving and perhaps we will get something better - I've said that before.

This year, I thought there was going to be a K-12 Lib. opening at Ellis. Several people were under the impression that the librarian would retire. Nope she didn't. There was an opening at an elementary school here in Hays. I sent everything in immediately and called the next week to make sure my references had arrived. I was told everything was in but the position was filled. I was so ticked! It would be nice if there was some sort of code that says "We're only posting this because we have to. Don't bother applying, we already know who we want to hire."

I took the Intel Teach to the Future workshop this summer. I should say, I'm sitting in the workshop right now. I think people who take this should be required to have a basic knowledge of computers! The first morning was spent trying to teach everyone how to log into the Intel Site! And it just keeps getting better!

I plan to go to Topeka sometime this summer. If anyone wants to arrange a get together, let's do it!

Back to this Intel workshop. Yippee!

3 comments:

Lori Jo Houck said...

I had a pretty shitty teaching year too. I'm still bitter about it, but need to move on and focus on change.
Good luck with the new principal..that's probably why I'm still where I'm at..I really like my principal.
I took the Intel class two years ago. I wish more teachers knew how to use it. You can get some great collaboration going if teachers would put some time into the tools.
Good luck with your job search! Topeka sounds great!

Penny Gast said...

Hey girl, you pick the date for Toepka and I will be there with salt and lime in hand. :)

Sara said...

ooohh ooohh can I join the Topeka date with Salt and lime in hand also?